|Be Winter Ready
The main objectives of the ‘Be Winter-Ready’ information campaign are:• To provide practical advice on how best to prepare for the coming winter.
• To ensure the public are aware of where advice and help can be found, if needed, and
• To reassure the public that preparations are being made and arrangements have been put in place to ensure a coordinated response to severe weather events.
Is Your Journey Absolutely Necessary?
In extreme weather conditions you should ask yourself if making a journey by road is absolutely necessary.
Is Your Vehicle Winter-Ready?
• Check your vehicle’s owner’s manual and find out if it has any safety assist technology e.g. ABS
• Check the owners manual for instructions in the event you have to be towed, ( location of towing eye etc), this is especially important for trucks and buses
• Get your vehicle serviced to ensure it is fit and safe
• Carry out regular checks on the vehicle
For more information check the “be-winter-ready” link